Potsdam is located in St. Lawrence County, New York and was founded in 1806 and was the site of both the St. Lawrence Academy (Now SUNY Potsdam) and Clarkson University. The Potsdam fire department has been in service since 1857.
Scope of Collection
This collection contains photographs which pertain to the history of the Potsdam fire department, covering the time between the department’s founding in 1857 through to the 1990s. Included in the collection are photographs of both fires and the aftermaths of fires, as well as firefighters in action. Also included are group portraits of firehouse members, as well as pictures of fire carriages and trucks which have been employed over the department’s history.